In line with our Project Back2School focus, which is supporting the education of children (primary school leavers) who are unable to further their education due to either their poor family background and/or displacement due to insurgency through their Junior Secondary School years (JSS 1-3), and the aim to increase school enrollment and improve literacy in Bwari community, which will in turn reduce child labor and abuse and other social vices. The project also ensures a holistic development of beneficiaries through the formal education they will access in their various schools alongside leadership trainings and mentoring programs organized by the organization.
We have kept on to this aim from 2018, when we launched the project, with 20 children that have been part on this scheme so far. Once again, we added to our list by conducting a Scholarship Examination for the enrollment of children into school for the 2020/2021 academic session.
We had 18 children sit for the exam on Tuesday, the 11th of November, 2020 by 10 am prompt from which 8 children have been selected by merit; having performed excellently with scores above the cut-off mark, to be enrolled into JSS 1 in the new academic session.
They include: Faith E., Favour O., Abel E., Peace. S., Vera .S., Francisca. O, Franca O. and Amnesty .J.
We are always excited to welcome new students into our scholarship scheme. Giving more children hope, making sure their formal education is not stopped at an early stage but they can proceed from Primary School to Junior Secondary School, keeping them in school above all odds, mentoring and guide rightly, and ultimately being a part of their success story is our joy.
We therefore wish them the best as they take their journey into Junior Secondary School.
Cross section of Participants taking the examination
- EXCITING NEWS JUST FOR YOU: Immortalize your Givings! - December 2, 2020
- HOW CAN ILL-EQUIPPED SCHOOLS PRODUCE EXCELLENT STUDENTS? - December 1, 2020
- Govt alone can’t fund universities, says Namadi Sambo - November 30, 2020
- What alternatives to ASUU’s incessant strike? - November 23, 2020
- THE FUTURE OF NIGERIA: EDUCATION IN FOCUS - November 20, 2020
- NEW INTAKE PROJECT BACK2SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP 2020 - November 19, 2020
- Equipping Schools to Produce Excellent Students - November 17, 2020
- Student leaders give FG 7-day ultimatum to end ASUU strike - November 16, 2020
- Only First Class graduates will be employed as teachers— FG - November 16, 2020
- Moral Decadence: Why Education is Vital - November 13, 2020