The National Examinations Council (NECO) has ruled out extending the registration for the 2021 senior school certificate examination (SSCE) for internal candidates beyond the June 25 deadline.
The examination body in a statement issued by its spokesperson, Azeez Sani, on Wednesday on June 9, said state ministries of education and schools must comply with the deadline, Premium Times reported. NECO stated: “The National Examinations Council (NECO) will not extend the registration period for the 2021 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) for school based candidates.
The registration exercise which started on March 31, will close on Friday, June 25, 2021 and will not be subjected to extension, while the examination will commence unfailingly on Monday, July 5, 2021.” The council explained that strict compliance with the date will enable efficient and effective planning for the examination logistics.
According to The Punch, the examination body advised stakeholders to ensure timely completion of their candidates’ registration.
- TACKLING POOR PARENTING AND GUIDANCE AS A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA’s EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM - November 26, 2021
- Rivers government urges parents not to deny children education due to lack of money - November 24, 2021
- Unpaid Arrears: FCT Primary, Sec School Teachers Begin 5-Day Warning Strike - November 18, 2021
- Teachers need digital skills for the future, experts say - November 17, 2021
- Ighodalo, Peter Obi, call for investment in education, innovation in Nigeria varsities - November 16, 2021
- 800 teachers lost to insurgency in north east – NUT - November 8, 2021
- DIVERSITY IN THE CLASSROOM - November 1, 2021
- NASU, SSAUN give FG two-week ultimatum over sharing formula of N22.127bn allowances - October 28, 2021
- CONVERSATION EXCERPT OF THE SILENT GENERALS- APRIL EDITION WITH PASTOR MUYIWA AREO - October 26, 2021
- POOR READING CULTURE IN NIGERIA: CAUSES AND SOLUTION - October 22, 2021