The National Examinations Council (NECO) has ruled out extending the registration for the 2021 senior school certificate examination (SSCE) for internal candidates beyond the June 25 deadline.
The examination body in a statement issued by its spokesperson, Azeez Sani, on Wednesday on June 9, said state ministries of education and schools must comply with the deadline, Premium Times reported. NECO stated: “The National Examinations Council (NECO) will not extend the registration period for the 2021 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) for school based candidates.
The registration exercise which started on March 31, will close on Friday, June 25, 2021 and will not be subjected to extension, while the examination will commence unfailingly on Monday, July 5, 2021.” The council explained that strict compliance with the date will enable efficient and effective planning for the examination logistics.
According to The Punch, the examination body advised stakeholders to ensure timely completion of their candidates’ registration.
- FOH TEENS LEADERSHIP CLUB MEETING DECEMBER 2023 - December 5, 2023
- FG injects over N100bn annually into basic education – UBEC boss - November 28, 2023
- 45 million children enrolled in universal basic education system – UBEC - November 28, 2023
- FOH LEADERSHIP TRAINING NOVEMBER 2023 - November 14, 2023
- WAEC to conduct computer-based WASSCE for private candidates, announces registration date - November 13, 2023
- NECO chief blames supervisors for examination malpractices - November 6, 2023
- WAEC to introduce CBT for WASSCE - November 6, 2023
- THE VALUE OF A GOOD EDUCATION - November 1, 2023
- Despite N6.5tr spent on education in seven years, FG laments poor performance - October 31, 2023
- Falana tasks National Assembly on Nigeria’s out-of-school crisis - October 24, 2023