Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) has advised candidates whose registration process is incomplete to visit special centres to finish the process.
JAMB’s Head of Media Dr Fabian Benjamin gave the advice in a statement on Monday.
Benjamin said the advice affected only those who could not complete their registration during the earlier scheduled registration period.
He said only candidates whose names were compiled after giving reasons for the incomplete registration process and had been contacted “are expected to visit the centres”.
“At the end of the period originally scheduled for the 2021/2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculations Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE) registration on May 15, the registration period was extended.
“Another two weeks that elapsed on May 29, was given to accommodate candidates who, largely due to issues related with newly introduced pre-requisite of National Identification Number (NIN), could not register.
“Additional extension of two weeks was made to compile the list of all prospective candidates who for any reason were unable to register.
“The candidates who have not registered but have secured the profile codes and initiated the registration process are expected to visit the specially designated registration centres to complete the registration on Tuesday, June 15.
“Designated registration centre for each candidate is being forwarded to them through the GSM text (SMS) messages and also available on the website of the Board (www.jamb.gov.ng) from 12 noon on Monday, June 14.
“The identification number on each form given to the candidates has been used to assign the candidates to their registration centres.
“Only candidates who have secured their profile codes are expected to visit the centres.
- Malpractice, indiscipline remain our major challenge – JAMB Registrar - July 15, 2021
- Stop forcing under-age children into secondary school, Commissioner counsels parents - July 9, 2021
- ASUU, SSANU threaten fresh strike over unpaid salaries, directives on staff school workers - July 2, 2021
- 2021 UTME: How NIN helps in checking multiple malpractices – JAMB - June 29, 2021
- 2021 UTME: JAMB suspends JAMB result checker, announces new method - June 29, 2021
- CONVERSATION EXCERPT OF THE SILENT GENERALS- MARCH EDITION WITH RAQUEL DANIEL - June 29, 2021
- FOH PERSONALITY OF THE WEEK- JUST OMOMO IBE - June 29, 2021
- Delisted CBT centres: JAMB directs affected candidates to reprint exam slips - June 22, 2021
- CONVERSATION EXCERPT OF THE SILENT GENERALS- FEBRUARY EDITION WITH PASTOR MORIN OSUNMAKINDE - June 22, 2021
- FOH PERSONALITY OF THE WEEK- PASTOR MUYIWA AREO - June 22, 2021