The National Examination Council has announced the indefinite postponement of the 2020 Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations.
The organisation premised the decision on the current security challenges occasioned by the #EndSARS protests in the country and curfew imposed by some states.
The Head of the Information and Public Relations Division, NECO, Azeez Sani, made the announcement in a statement on Sunday, titled, ‘Indefinite postponement of the 2020 ongoing Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (Internal).’
It reads partly, “The Governing Board of the National Examinations Council at its special meeting on Thursday October 22 2020 reviewed the on-going 2020 SSCE(Internal) nationwide.
“The council had in a press release, dated October 21 2020, informed the general public of rescheduling some papers of the 2020 on-going SSCE.
“Arising from that meeting, the Governing Board resolved that the 2020 SSCE (Internal) be postponed indefinitely in view of the current security challenges, occasioned by the #EndSARS protests, which disrupted the smooth conduct of the examinations in some parts of the country.
“In making this decision, the Board noted that due to these security challenges: some state governments imposed curfew and closed schools in order to safeguard lives and property.
“In the circumstances, it has become difficult for the council to move examination materials across the country.
“Students in the affected locations were unable to sit for the papers already scheduled in the examination time table.
The governing board further resolved that when normalcy returns, the council will continue with the conduct of the examinations in all states.
[PUNCH] See also; [ChannelsTVNews]
- JAMB closes sales of Direct Entry documents May 26 - May 24, 2023
- MAY 2023 -TEENS LEADERSHIP CLUB MEETING - May 10, 2023
- JAMB gives update on 2023 UTME - May 2, 2023
- 2023 UTME: JAMB reschedules candidates unable to sit on Day-1 over technical glitches - April 26, 2023
- JAMB Extends 2023 Direct Entry Registration - April 18, 2023
- JAMB fixes new date for 2023 UTME - April 11, 2023
- 2.23 million candidates sat for WASSCE in 2022 — WAEC - April 4, 2023
- FOH TEENS LEADERSHIP CLUB - March 15, 2023
- JAMB shifts 2023 mock UTME, reveals new date - March 14, 2023
- MARCH 2023 -TEENS LEADERSHIP CLUB MEETING - March 7, 2023