The National Examination Council has announced the indefinite postponement of the 2020 Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations.
The organisation premised the decision on the current security challenges occasioned by the #EndSARS protests in the country and curfew imposed by some states.
The Head of the Information and Public Relations Division, NECO, Azeez Sani, made the announcement in a statement on Sunday, titled, ‘Indefinite postponement of the 2020 ongoing Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (Internal).’
It reads partly, “The Governing Board of the National Examinations Council at its special meeting on Thursday October 22 2020 reviewed the on-going 2020 SSCE(Internal) nationwide.
“The council had in a press release, dated October 21 2020, informed the general public of rescheduling some papers of the 2020 on-going SSCE.
“Arising from that meeting, the Governing Board resolved that the 2020 SSCE (Internal) be postponed indefinitely in view of the current security challenges, occasioned by the #EndSARS protests, which disrupted the smooth conduct of the examinations in some parts of the country.
“In making this decision, the Board noted that due to these security challenges: some state governments imposed curfew and closed schools in order to safeguard lives and property.
“In the circumstances, it has become difficult for the council to move examination materials across the country.
“Students in the affected locations were unable to sit for the papers already scheduled in the examination time table.
The governing board further resolved that when normalcy returns, the council will continue with the conduct of the examinations in all states.
- INTERNATIONAL LITERACY DAY 2021 THEME: LITERACY FOR HUMAN CENTERED RECOVERY: NARROWING THE DIGITAL DIVIDE - September 8, 2021
- Malpractice, indiscipline remain our major challenge – JAMB Registrar - July 15, 2021
- Stop forcing under-age children into secondary school, Commissioner counsels parents - July 9, 2021
- ASUU, SSANU threaten fresh strike over unpaid salaries, directives on staff school workers - July 2, 2021
- 2021 UTME: How NIN helps in checking multiple malpractices – JAMB - June 29, 2021
- 2021 UTME: JAMB suspends JAMB result checker, announces new method - June 29, 2021
- CONVERSATION EXCERPT OF THE SILENT GENERALS- MARCH EDITION WITH RAQUEL DANIEL - June 29, 2021
- FOH PERSONALITY OF THE WEEK- JUST OMOMO IBE - June 29, 2021
- Delisted CBT centres: JAMB directs affected candidates to reprint exam slips - June 22, 2021
- CONVERSATION EXCERPT OF THE SILENT GENERALS- FEBRUARY EDITION WITH PASTOR MORIN OSUNMAKINDE - June 22, 2021