The National Examination Council has announced the indefinite postponement of the 2020 Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations.
The organisation premised the decision on the current security challenges occasioned by the #EndSARS protests in the country and curfew imposed by some states.
The Head of the Information and Public Relations Division, NECO, Azeez Sani, made the announcement in a statement on Sunday, titled, ‘Indefinite postponement of the 2020 ongoing Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (Internal).’
It reads partly, “The Governing Board of the National Examinations Council at its special meeting on Thursday October 22 2020 reviewed the on-going 2020 SSCE(Internal) nationwide.
“The council had in a press release, dated October 21 2020, informed the general public of rescheduling some papers of the 2020 on-going SSCE.
“Arising from that meeting, the Governing Board resolved that the 2020 SSCE (Internal) be postponed indefinitely in view of the current security challenges, occasioned by the #EndSARS protests, which disrupted the smooth conduct of the examinations in some parts of the country.
“In making this decision, the Board noted that due to these security challenges: some state governments imposed curfew and closed schools in order to safeguard lives and property.
“In the circumstances, it has become difficult for the council to move examination materials across the country.
“Students in the affected locations were unable to sit for the papers already scheduled in the examination time table.
The governing board further resolved that when normalcy returns, the council will continue with the conduct of the examinations in all states.
- Despite alternative intervention, number of out-of-school children keeps rising in Nigeria - January 30, 2023
- WHY IS ACQUIRING A GOOD EDUCATION A BIG DEAL? – INTERNATIONAL DAY OF EDUCATION 2023 - January 24, 2023
- Education: A Sure Investment #internationaldayofeducation2023 - January 24, 2023
- JANUARY 2023- TEENS LEADERSHIP CLUB MEETING - January 23, 2023
- OUR STORIES: FOH TEENS LEADERSHIP CLUB MEETING, SEPTEMBER EDITION, 2022 - September 5, 2022
- FG’s Bursary For Education Undergraduates To Begin In 2023 —Minister - September 5, 2022
- Five Tips For Making The Most Out Of Online Classes - September 5, 2022
- Strike: Education minister restates FG’s ‘no work, no pay’ policy - September 5, 2022
- Again, ASUU extends strike - August 30, 2022
- Strike: ASUU to consider FG’s offer at NEC meeting Monday - August 23, 2022