The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has warned candidates in the recently concluded 2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) to be wary of the guile and other unsavoury activities of fraudsters who are falsely claiming that there were errors in the scoring of candidates in the 2022 UTME.
In a statement, JAMB spokesperson Dr Fabian Benjamin said the UTME is a computer-based test that is scored electronically with no human intervention.
He claimed that the erroneous rumors circulating were the result of the devious minds of the masterminds behind these spurious accusations.
As a result, the Board reiterates that its electronic scoring method has no opportunity for errors, and it has no plans to hold another UTME.”
He said the clarification was required after rumors on social media of a reported UTME postponement, citing phantom problems in the computer scoring system and a purported apologies from JAMB to the effect that another UTME would be held.
“The Board wishes to declare that the report is not only incorrect, but also misleading, and was generated out of these fraudsters’ frustration and inability to fool naïve candidates due to the Board’s succession of innovative efforts to protect candidates,” he stated.
He advised the public to disregard this item of news as it does not emanate from JAMB.
Source: opera news
- JAMB closes sales of Direct Entry documents May 26 - May 24, 2023
- MAY 2023 -TEENS LEADERSHIP CLUB MEETING - May 10, 2023
- JAMB gives update on 2023 UTME - May 2, 2023
- 2023 UTME: JAMB reschedules candidates unable to sit on Day-1 over technical glitches - April 26, 2023
- JAMB Extends 2023 Direct Entry Registration - April 18, 2023
- JAMB fixes new date for 2023 UTME - April 11, 2023
- 2.23 million candidates sat for WASSCE in 2022 — WAEC - April 4, 2023
- FOH TEENS LEADERSHIP CLUB - March 15, 2023
- JAMB shifts 2023 mock UTME, reveals new date - March 14, 2023
- MARCH 2023 -TEENS LEADERSHIP CLUB MEETING - March 7, 2023
Tags: #candidates #exams #information #Jamb #News #UTME