In time past and in this present day, we are not ignorant of women who have risen up for the good of their families and their country despite all odds, to see to positive change and growth all around them. Therefore, today we celebrate strong women all over the world, who have kept the flag flying despite the many challenges, who through various seemingly unpleasant circumstances and hardship have maintained their tenacity and kept marching on, those who in the smallest ways and probably unrecognized yet, are working tirelessly and contributing immensely to the lives of people around them.
Also, we believe that there are many more women with potentials, who have a lot to offer but have being marginalized or relegated to the background. This should not be so, they should be given a chance and encouraged to express their innate abilities and contribute their quota towards the well being of the society. We believe everyone has a part to play in moving our nation forward and with the involvement of both men and women, working together in the plan to a better future for our nation, we would have a balanced and better society.
To such women who seem not to have the right environment and condition to strive, we encourage you to rise up like the woman you are, with insurmountable strength and ability and find expression to all the goodness that is in you and settle for nothing less. Against all odds, take your place, excel in the government, in the judiciary, in the sporting sector, in the academic world, in your workplace, in your home, in every sphere of life that you find fulfillment and be the change and help that the world needs. And to all who have women in their lives, be the encouragement they need to strive effortlessly and be all they can be.
FOH joins the world to celebrate Women!
Happy International Women’s day!
- A CALL TO NURTURE OUR CHILDREN RIGHTLY - June 7, 2022
- PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT: THE ISSUE OF UNINVOLVED AND ABSENT PARENTING - April 7, 2022
- PRIORITISE EDUCATION OSINBAJO URGES LEADERS - September 21, 2021
- IMPACT OF SCHOOL CLOSURE IN KADUNA AND ZAMFARA ON EDUCATION IN NIGERIA - September 21, 2021
- CHILDREN’S DAY 2021: CHILDREN, DESERVING BETTER! - May 27, 2021
- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY 2021 #ChooseToChallenge - March 8, 2021
- INSECURITY IN SCHOOLS- A THREAT TO ACCESS AND QUALITY EDUCATION - February 24, 2021
- FUNDING MATTERS IN THE NIGERIAN EDUCATION SYSTEM - February 22, 2021
- EDUCATION RESTRUCTURING- IS IT A GOOD CALL? - December 9, 2020
- FAMILY PLANNING: EDUCATION PARAMOUNT - December 4, 2020