Flickers of Hope is a non- profit, NGO registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission RC43149 on February 2011. The Organization was established in 2010 primarily with the burden to give hope to the hopeless removing young hawkers from the street and putting them back in schools, giving scholarships to orphans, guiding the young unemployed youth to be financially and intellectually empowered and gainfully employed while discovering their innate abilities and gifts, ensuring widows are being taken care of in the society and have a reason to live again despite and in spite of challenging situations, putting smiles in the faces of all.
The initiative is targeted at defining LIFE for young people who have lost the true definition of life. They exist without dreams, goals, aspirations or purpose.
FOH works at achieving Sustainable Development Goals 1-5; we work in 5 states namely Kaduna, Niger, Nassarawa, Kogi, Osun and the FCT.
Vision: A generation where goals, aspirations and purpose are fulfilled.
Mission: We exist to redefine life for the hopeless by building the value of education, re-orientating young people and empowering women.
Flickers of Hope is currently accepting letters of request for scholarship from students in need of help to fund their schools fees for this session.
The intervention is aimed at assisting students in tertiary institutions that have difficulty in paying their fees. It is targeted at ensuring continuity of education by provision of funds which is in line with the mission and vision of FOH.
Deadline: 21st February, 2020
Type of intervention
• Aiding continuity of Education through giving of partial scholarships
Applicants for scholarship must satisfy the following conditions:
- Must be a Nigerian
• Must be an undergraduate of Obafemi Awolowo University.
• Have evidence of studentship (admission letter, identification cards, course registration forms etc)
• Only students from 200 level and above can apply.
• Only students currently in the second class upper division can apply.
• Have a guarantor; who must also be a student of OAU
How to apply
- Interested students should apply by filling an application form (with correct information) using this link:
- Send alongside, a letter of request for scholarship (which should not be more than a page) to email@example.com. Subject of the mail should be your Full name- LES 2020. For example, Obinna Esther Peace –LES 2020
Letter should be addressed to – Flickers of Hope Foundation, 21, Olivet Court, FCDA Extension, Tudun Fulani, Bwari Abuja.
- Only one application should be sent, no multiple applications for a candidate.
- Only candidates whose application has been accepted will be contacted for the next stage.
- You are advised to use your personal and valid email address in sending in applications and responses through all stages
- Asides the eligibility criteria, you are also advised to read the terms and conditions guiding this scholarship below before applying.
For more information, call 09095679918 or 07038111578
Terms and Conditions
By submitting an application for our scholarship, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
- Scholarships are awarded based on established eligibility criteria; if lacking in any of the criteria as seen above, you are automatically disqualified.
- All correspondence between applicant and Flickers of Hope Foundation will be operated primarily via email, with the option of telephone communication, based on FOH’s discretion. All applicants must use a functional phone number and email address for the purpose of accessibility.
- The scholarship selection process will be in stages. Only successful candidates at one stage will be contacted for the next stage and this will continue till the final stage. If you are not contacted after the first stage, you automatically did not qualify for the next stage.
- Successful applicants may be required to show necessary documents as proof of claims or information provided, as requested by FOH.
All students finally selected after the last stage to be offered scholarships will receive an official “offer email”, and must reply either accepting or rejecting this offer within 7 days of receipt. Students, in receipt of scholarship will be required to sign an individual scholarship agreement as proof of acceptance before fund is disbursed.
- Failure to respond within this 7-day period may result in the scholarship offer being withdrawn and reassigned. You must accept your scholarship offer by the due date, as instructed in your offer email, to be eligible to receive payment.
- FOH will make payment of the school fees in one single installment directly to the School’s account. No fund will be released to individuals. Therefore, candidates finally selected for funding will be required to provide necessary information to make this possible.
- Providing false or misleading information is an offence. If FOH knows or has reason to believe that you have provided false or misleading information, FOH may reassess your application, cancel and reassign the scholarship and where funds has already been released, a refunding to FOH will be required. You are advised to provide correct information as FOH therefore, reserves the right to carry out a background check on information provided.
- Having selected you as a final candidate, and being enlisted as one of our beneficiaries, with tuition fees fully paid, the Foundation may require you to give a testimony of assistance received either in oral, written or other forms, bearing name of beneficiary, based on the Foundation’s discretion which could be used for social media or other online campaigns.
- Should the applicant have any grievances or complaints, you may lodge complaints about application and/ or administrative matters to:firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07038111578
- Note that this scholarship is a one-time scholarship and successful candidates for this session will have to re-apply to be considered for funding in another session if such opportunity opens up.
Endeavour as a scholarship applicant to like our social media pages as we share other exciting opportunities that will be of relevance to you, find links below:
Facebook page here ; Follow us on Twitter here ; Instagram here
Please do not pay money to anyone. Flickers of Hope Foundation does not require any fee of any kind to process your application.
FOH scholarship programme and application guidelines are advertised on the organization’s social media platforms as seen above.
For more information, call 07038111578
Please be guided accordingly.
- INTERNATIONAL LITERACY DAY 2021 THEME: LITERACY FOR HUMAN CENTERED RECOVERY: NARROWING THE DIGITAL DIVIDE - September 8, 2021
- Malpractice, indiscipline remain our major challenge – JAMB Registrar - July 15, 2021
- Stop forcing under-age children into secondary school, Commissioner counsels parents - July 9, 2021
- ASUU, SSANU threaten fresh strike over unpaid salaries, directives on staff school workers - July 2, 2021
- 2021 UTME: How NIN helps in checking multiple malpractices – JAMB - June 29, 2021
- 2021 UTME: JAMB suspends JAMB result checker, announces new method - June 29, 2021
- CONVERSATION EXCERPT OF THE SILENT GENERALS- MARCH EDITION WITH RAQUEL DANIEL - June 29, 2021
- FOH PERSONALITY OF THE WEEK- JUST OMOMO IBE - June 29, 2021
- Delisted CBT centres: JAMB directs affected candidates to reprint exam slips - June 22, 2021
- CONVERSATION EXCERPT OF THE SILENT GENERALS- FEBRUARY EDITION WITH PASTOR MORIN OSUNMAKINDE - June 22, 2021