The PTF in December 2020 had ordered schools in the country to remain closed until January 18, 2021.
The Nigerian government through its Ministry of Education has said the January 18 date for schools to resume is not sacrosanct.
The government said a new date might be announced depending on the nation’s COVID-19 indicators.
The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, gave the hint on Monday in Abuja, at the joint national briefing of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19.
The PTF in December 2020 had ordered schools in the country to remain closed until January 18.
Mr Adamu said, “When we decided on that date, it was just a target toward what we are working on.
“’Of course we are keeping it in view and looking at what is happening in the society and then it is supposed to be subject to constant review.
“’Even today at the PTF meeting, we looked at the rising figures and thought we should probably take another look at it. On the Jan.18, 2021 date for schools resumption, we are reviewing it,” he said.
The minister added that the issue was considered at the PTF meeting held on Monday and the ministry would take it up on Tuesday.
The number of active cases of the viral infection keeps surging for the past few days, a situation that has become concern to the government and the citizenry.
While the country is yet to procure any vaccine against the virus, experts have continued to advise Nigerians to adhere strictly to the safely protocols earlier outlined by the WHO and NCDC to curtail its spread.
- FOH TEENS LEADERSHIP CLUB - March 15, 2023
- JAMB shifts 2023 mock UTME, reveals new date - March 14, 2023
- MARCH 2023 -TEENS LEADERSHIP CLUB MEETING - March 7, 2023
- TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SAFETY OF CHILDREN IN OUR SCHOOL SYSTEM - March 2, 2023
- Buhari inaugurates girls’ education project - March 1, 2023
- JAMB suspends 2023 Direct Entry registration hours after opening - February 28, 2023
- SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT AND THE ROLE OF EDUCATION STAKEHOLDERS: EDUCATION IN FOCUS WITH MR. EBUKA OBIKA EDE “BOYS COACH” - February 23, 2023
- 7 steps to check your 2022/2023 WAEC results - February 21, 2023
- BREAKING: NECO releases 2022 SSCE external result - February 16, 2023
- INTENTIONAL PARENTING: EDUCATION IN FOCUS WITH MRS IFY OBIDI ESSIEN - February 16, 2023