The 1st Teens Leadership Club meeting for the year 2022 held on Saturday, 8th January, 2022 by 10am.
We set our teens up for a great start this year as we interacted with them on the topic-Goal Setting: meaning of goal setting, areas that goal setting is required, kinds of goals (short, medium and long term goals), the importance and benefits of goal setting as a leader, necessary elements that makes a set goal SMART, different examples of goals — including realistic goals, and unrealistic goals. We currently have a total of 85 club members from across Bwari, FCT Abuja.
At the end of the day, the teens were given a task to write out at least one goal they can achieve within 3 months, including the steps for achieving it.
Responses by some of our club members;
I want to have an “A” in Mathematics this term by March, 2022. I will read one hour daily after school so that I can be the best.
Ubong Abasi Robert, Primary 5
By the end of March, I would have saved up to #1000 by not spending all my pocket money, so that I can use it to buy some educative novels that would help me in the future.
Ogbonna Chibuzor, JSS 1
I want to learn how to read more by the end of this term. So, I will read one hour daily within three months. I set this goal for me to do better in my studies.
Emmanuel Amile, JSS 1
Teens leadership club is a club for preteens and teens within the age of 9 to 19. This is a platform where children are taught, mentored and guided rightly on leadership values and skills, to embrace their uniqueness and given the privilege to practice as leaders in different roles.
How do I come in?
You can be a part of this either by offering your service as a volunteer, financially supporting as donor, or by registering your children/ward to be part of our Teens Leadership Club.
Meetings hold onsite once monthly, in Bwari Abuja
Reach out to us today via 07038111578 or email@example.com
If the younger generation are the hope of tomorrow and will lead their world in the future, we must not wait for them to get into their tomorrow before they begin to learn and practice their roles as leaders. The earlier they learn their roles for the future, the better they will play their role when the future comes. Flickers of Hope Foundation prepares them now for their future!
- FOH TEENS LEADERSHIP CLUB - March 15, 2023
- JAMB shifts 2023 mock UTME, reveals new date - March 14, 2023
- MARCH 2023 -TEENS LEADERSHIP CLUB MEETING - March 7, 2023
- TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SAFETY OF CHILDREN IN OUR SCHOOL SYSTEM - March 2, 2023
- Buhari inaugurates girls’ education project - March 1, 2023
- JAMB suspends 2023 Direct Entry registration hours after opening - February 28, 2023
- SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT AND THE ROLE OF EDUCATION STAKEHOLDERS: EDUCATION IN FOCUS WITH MR. EBUKA OBIKA EDE “BOYS COACH” - February 23, 2023
- 7 steps to check your 2022/2023 WAEC results - February 21, 2023
- BREAKING: NECO releases 2022 SSCE external result - February 16, 2023
- INTENTIONAL PARENTING: EDUCATION IN FOCUS WITH MRS IFY OBIDI ESSIEN - February 16, 2023
Tags: #club #donor #Flickers of Hope #goal #Goal setting #impact #Leadership #response #social #Teens #volunteer