The National Examinations Council (NECO) has commenced marking its 2023 school-based senior secondary certificate examination(SSCE) scripts.
It commenced the marking on Saturday, September 2, and is expected to complete the exercise in two weeks.
A total of 1, 205,888 million candidates registered for the exam nationwide, of which, 601,074 were males and 584,814 females.
The Head of Information and Public Relations of NECO, Mr Azeez Sani, disclosed in an exclusive interview with Sunday Tribune when asked about the exam update.
According to him, we have started marking the exam scripts today(yesterday), and we plan to release the results by the end of this month.
He assured candidates who sat the exam that they could use their results for the ongoing admission process into the universities and other tertiary schools for other purposes.
Sani, however, urged the state governments that are yet to pay their students’ examination fees to do so now to make operations smooth for the council.
- FOH TEENS LEADERSHIP CLUB MEETING DECEMBER 2023 - December 5, 2023
- FG injects over N100bn annually into basic education – UBEC boss - November 28, 2023
- 45 million children enrolled in universal basic education system – UBEC - November 28, 2023
- FOH LEADERSHIP TRAINING NOVEMBER 2023 - November 14, 2023
- WAEC to conduct computer-based WASSCE for private candidates, announces registration date - November 13, 2023
- NECO chief blames supervisors for examination malpractices - November 6, 2023
- WAEC to introduce CBT for WASSCE - November 6, 2023
- THE VALUE OF A GOOD EDUCATION - November 1, 2023
- Despite N6.5tr spent on education in seven years, FG laments poor performance - October 31, 2023
- Falana tasks National Assembly on Nigeria’s out-of-school crisis - October 24, 2023