Member of the House of Representatives representing Ikeja Federal Constituency, James Abiodun Faleke, has called on wealthy individuals and corporate organisations not to relent in assisting government at all levels to improve education in the country.
Faleke, the Chairman of the House Committee on Finance, spoke last Wednesday and Thursday when he donated exercise books, textbooks to primary schools in his constituency and inaugurated a block of six classrooms at the State Primary School, Onilekere, Ikeja.
Faleke’s view was presented by All Progressives Congress (APC) Chairmanship aspirant for Ojodu Local Council Development Area, Alhaja Kafayat Funmilayo Layeni (KFL); Chairman of Onigbongbo Local Council Development Area, Dotun Olakanle; and his counterpart in Ikeja Local Government, Mojeed Balogun.
Faleke said education expenditure continues to increase making it difficult for government alone to shoulder the responsibility.
“We all have to play our part and contribute our quota to the development of the education sector in the country,” he said.
A block of six classrooms was inaugurated at Estate Primary School, Onilekere while 12,474 exercise books, 15,756 textbooks, 510 The Phonics textbooks, 510 The Spelling Champion and 510 The Heritage textbooks were distributed among pupils of Estate Primary, Ogba; Olusosun Primary School, Olusosun; Ojodu Primary School, Ojodu; Army Children School, Maryland; and Ikeja Primary, GRA, Ikeja.
Source: [THE NATION]
- FOH TEENS LEADERSHIP CLUB - March 15, 2023
- JAMB shifts 2023 mock UTME, reveals new date - March 14, 2023
- MARCH 2023 -TEENS LEADERSHIP CLUB MEETING - March 7, 2023
- TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SAFETY OF CHILDREN IN OUR SCHOOL SYSTEM - March 2, 2023
- Buhari inaugurates girls’ education project - March 1, 2023
- JAMB suspends 2023 Direct Entry registration hours after opening - February 28, 2023
- SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT AND THE ROLE OF EDUCATION STAKEHOLDERS: EDUCATION IN FOCUS WITH MR. EBUKA OBIKA EDE “BOYS COACH” - February 23, 2023
- 7 steps to check your 2022/2023 WAEC results - February 21, 2023
- BREAKING: NECO releases 2022 SSCE external result - February 16, 2023
- INTENTIONAL PARENTING: EDUCATION IN FOCUS WITH MRS IFY OBIDI ESSIEN - February 16, 2023