The Cross River State Governor, Ben Ayade, has said education is a catalyst for transformation in the society.
A statement signed by Ayade said the Teachers Continuous Training Institute located in the Biase Local Government Area, would be the best in producing globally competitive teachers.
He said, “Education is the basis for more societal transformation and as a government, we place emphasis on the quality of teaching and quality of research, hence this school.
“The Teachers Continuous Training Institute, the first of its kind, is intended to train teachers and continuously retrain teachers because the quality of students is determined by the quality of teaching and the quality of teaching is a reflection of the quality of training.
“When students are out of the university and get employed as teachers, they have no opportunity for further training, and no continuous training. So, the teachers themselves are sometimes not up-to-date even with the subjects they teach.
“This is because trends and research keep throwing up new findings, but unfortunately a teacher has no opportunity to update his knowledge on the subject matter, particularly when you are teaching in a village setting and away from the city centre like the capital of the state.”
“The institute is therefore, set up specifically to attend to the teaching needs of West Africa, to drive home the message of quality teaching because only through quality teaching that you can have quality learning which also translates to quality outcome.
“I am telling all teachers in Cross River State, in Nigeria and indeed West Africa that today you have been recognized as key persons in the value chain process of creating a better society.”
He explained that the state now had an institute which was not just there to issue a certificate, but to train and retrain.
- FOH TEENS LEADERSHIP CLUB - March 15, 2023
- JAMB shifts 2023 mock UTME, reveals new date - March 14, 2023
- MARCH 2023 -TEENS LEADERSHIP CLUB MEETING - March 7, 2023
- TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SAFETY OF CHILDREN IN OUR SCHOOL SYSTEM - March 2, 2023
- Buhari inaugurates girls’ education project - March 1, 2023
- JAMB suspends 2023 Direct Entry registration hours after opening - February 28, 2023
- SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT AND THE ROLE OF EDUCATION STAKEHOLDERS: EDUCATION IN FOCUS WITH MR. EBUKA OBIKA EDE “BOYS COACH” - February 23, 2023
- 7 steps to check your 2022/2023 WAEC results - February 21, 2023
- BREAKING: NECO releases 2022 SSCE external result - February 16, 2023
- INTENTIONAL PARENTING: EDUCATION IN FOCUS WITH MRS IFY OBIDI ESSIEN - February 16, 2023
Tags: #catalyst #Education #newsupdate #PUNCH